The Zaxcom ZFR400 is a ultra small bodypack timecode stamped audio recorder with features you can't get anywhere but Zaxcom! It can record professional quality audio as a stand-alone device without the need of additional transmitters or receivers. Audio is recorded internally onto a microSD card using the highly reliable lossless MARF (Mobile Audio Recording Format) that eliminates file corruption common to recordings due to dead battery or early card removal. A built-in timecode reader and generator will synchronise timecode, making recordings in post production more effective.
The Zaxcom ZFR400 is housed in a high strength, impact resistant nylon polymer casing with rounded edges, machined metal and rubber gaskets. It measures only 56 x 41 x 14mm and weighs 62g. The battery provides up to 10 hours of run time and its door is magnetically latched and sealed to protect it against the harshest of production environments. The combination of the nylon composite case and its power efficiency makes heat transfer practically nonexistent, allowing the Zaxcom ZFR400 to run cool.
The Zaxcom ZFR400 also provides a timecode output through the 3-pin Lemo connector that can be used to jam any SMPTE timecode compatible device. NeverClip is also included to give an unprecedented 128 dB of dynamic range without clipping audio. While using NeverClip, two separate analog to digital converters work in conjunction to provide a natural distortion free dynamic range.
The Zaxcom ZFR400 works with ZaxNet, Zaxcom's 2.4 GHz RF network that distributes remote control commands, timecode and IFB audio. With ZaxNet, one can remotely control transmitter settings such as gain and transport controls. The Zaxcom ZFR400 also sends a Quality Control audio signal over ZaxNet so when micing someone you can use an ERX audio receiver to listen to the mic right on the spot.
- dynamic Range: 128 dB
- distortion: <0.01%
- frequency response: 20 Hz to 16 kHz
- highpass filter: Off or 70 to 220 Hz, step: 10 Hz (6 dB per octave)
- mic power: 3.3 VDC @ 10mA max
- mic connector: 3-pin Lemo
- input range: -60 to -24 dBu
- impedance: 4.7 kOhm
- ADC Bit-depth: 32 bits
- timecode output: 3-pin Lemo
- clock accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 frame out in 6 hours)
- timecode type: SMPTE
- timecode frame-rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- media: microSD card (Flash memory)
- file format: .ZAX (converts to BWAV or MP3 with ZaxConvert software)
- recording time: card dependent, up to 96 hours on a 16GB card
2.4 GHz ZAXNET:
- RF frequency range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
- RF frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF bandwidth: 1 MHz
- channel separation: 2 MHz
- audio output connector: 3-pin Lemo
- level: 3 Vpp
- output choices: playback / E to E Audio (user selectable)
- weight: 62 g without battery
- dimensions (H x W x D in mm): 56 x 41 x 14
- battery type: NP-50
- battery life: up to 10 hours
- display: OLED
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.