If you record field audio, sound effects, podcasts, voice-overs, music, audio for film, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre-6 II is for you! With four crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you can record multiple actors, multiple podcasters, or audio for film with superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
- Four ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 6 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 8 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 8-in, 4-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C at bit depths up to 32-bit float.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
|Frequency Response||10 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.5 dB re 1 kHz @ 192 kHz sample rate|
|THD + Noise||0.005% max (@1 kHz, 22-22 kHz BW, gain=20 dB, -10 dBu in)|
|ADC||32 bit precision; 142 dB dynamic range min (A-weighted, gain=10 dB, fader=0 dB)|
|Equivalent Input Noise||-130 dBV (-128 dBu) max (A-weighting, gain=76 dB, 150 ohm source impedance)|
|Inputs||Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
Line: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
Aux/Mic in: 3.5 mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 2.2k
Line: ¼-inch TRS active-balanced; 4k input
USB Audio: 4 channels
6 Total analog inputs: 4 mic-line inputs, 2 on Aux In
All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload protected.
|Gain||Mic input: +6 dB to +76 dB
Line input: -20 dB to +30 dB
Fader: -inf to +20 dB
Headphone: -inf to +20 dB
Total, Mic-to-recording (max): +96 dB
Aux In (Mic): Gain = +10dB to +40 dB
Aux In (Line): Gain = -10dB to +20 dB
Total Aux Gain including Fader (Mic-to-recording): +60 dB
|Maximum Input Level||Mic XLR: +14 dBu (limiters on or off)
Line XLR: +28 dBu (limiters on or off)
Aux In (Mic): -10 dBu
Aux In (Line): +10 dBu
|Low Cut Filters||40 Hz to 160 Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.|
|Microphone Powering||Mic XLRs: 48 V via 6.8k resistors, 10 mA each
Mic 3.5 mm: 3 V @ 3k source
|Limiters||Limiter at all gain stages, range > 40 dB. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital. Adjustable Threshold, Ratio, and Release.|
For full specifications, visit Sound Devices page.