The 'SoundField by RØDE' NT-SF1 is a peerless ambisonic microphone that captures broadcast-quality 360° surround sound, offering unprecedented sonic possibilities for use in VR, sound design, immersive audio, and experimental recording applications. The NT-SF1 is the first collaboration between ambisonic pioneers SoundField (who invented the first commercial ambisonic microphone) and RØDE.
Røde NT-SF1 Key Features
- Captures broadcast-quality 360° surround sound (with height) in A-Format™ on four separate tracks
- Four RØDE TF-45C ½-inch true-condenser cardioid microphone capsules arranged in a tetrahedral array
- Endless processing possibilities via the free 'SoundField by RØDE' plug-in
- Output to all formats, from stereo to 7.1.4 surround sound
- Comes in a complete recording kit, including a custom suspension shockmount, Blimp-style windshield and furry wind cover
The NT-SF1 records the entire spherical sound field – every sound from every direction – in perfect A-Format™ audio, which can be converted to B-Format™ audio and then manipulated infinitely using the 'Soundfield by RØDE' plug-in. Alter the mic directivity, position, and rotation after recording; create a full 7.1.4 surround mix; create a fully head-tracked 360° soundscape for immersive video. The possibilities are, quite literally, only limited by your imagination.
|Acoustic Principle||Externally Biased Condenser|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer|
|Frequency Range||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted)||17 dB SPL (as per IEC651)|
|Maximum SPL||129 dB SPL|
|Sensitivity||-30.4 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal (30mV @ 94dB SPL, 1kHz)|
|Power Requirements||6.2mA @ 48V (Per Channel) Phantom Power|
|Frequency Range||30 Hz - 20 kHz ±3dB // 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±4dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||77 dB|
|Input SPL @ 1% THD||129 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600Ω load)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.